- Edinburgh Hogmanay
- Loch Ness
- Fort William
- Hostel Photos
- Our GREEN Policy
- Print our Latest Hostel Info
- Award Winning
3 Day Isle of Skye
- 3 Day Loch Ness & Skye
- 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
6 Day Orkney Stravaig
- 7 Day Best of the West
- Book Early!
5 Day Christmas Caper
- Book Early!
Hogmanay Hootenanny 2016/17
- Freedom Tickets
- Special Offers
- Tour Photos
Welcome to Fort William Backpackers
Nestling on a hillside with wonderful views to the mountains and sea, our comfy hostel provides everything you'll need after a hard day’s exploring!
Telephone: +44 (0)1397 700 711
Fort William Backpackers
Dorms from £17.50 (£19.50 in July/August)
Twin from £45 (£47.00 in July/August)
Please contact the hostel directly for twin room prices & availability
Deep in the Highlands, surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery lies Fort William, The Outdoor Capital of the UK and a Mecca for those with a spirit of adventure.
Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest mountain, sits just around the corner and below it lies Glen Nevis -perhaps the prettiest Glen in Scotland with it’s wonderful waterfalls & ancient pine forest.
Nestling on a hillside above the town, with wonderful views, our characterful and comfy hostel provides everything you’ll need after an adventure in the hills. Our dorm rooms are small with a maximum of eight beds and all beds are made up with sheets, duvets and 2 fluffy pillows. We have a self-catering kitchen with everything you will need and a spacious dining room overlooking our patio and the mountains beyond. In the evening put your feet up in our elegant lounge in front of a real fire or stroll down to the choice of local pubs and restaurants that are literally minutes away. When the weather’s good maybe we’ll be having a barbecue or a camp fire on our patio so come and join us!
You can start or finish the ‘West Highland Way’ & the ‘Great Glen Way’ in Fort William, hike or bike along mountain trails, canoe or kayak the vast array of local water, go ski-ing & snowboarding, mountaineering & ice climbing, white water rafting & canyoning, tackle a World Cup mountain bike trail, go for a boat trip on Loch Linnhe to meet the seals or simply relax and take it easy amidst the wonderful scenery. Fort William is the Outdoor Capital of the UK and stays busy throughout the year with outdoor enthusiasts who can’t get enough of the activities on offer.
For excellent days out we recommend that you:
- Climb the mighty Ben Nevis – we can provide maps & advice and can book local mountain guides if required.
- Visit Nevis Range (snowsports, mountainbiking, high wire adventure, paragliding & legendary ceilidhs!)
- Visit the awe inspiring and eerie Glen Coe.
- Go for a drive along one of the prettiest roads in the Highlands, The ‘Road to the Isles’, and enjoy a picnic on the spectacular Silver Sands.
- Take the Jacobite steam train to Mallaig and go over the Glenfinnan viaduct just like Harry Potter on the Hogwarts Express.
- Go Sea Kayaking on the West coast and discover the wonderful wildlife around our coastline.
- Go white water rafting, canyoning, river bugging & gorge walking.
- Go Ice Climbing, all year round, at the Ice Factor in Kinlochleven.
Our friendly, award-winning staff are committed to ensuring that you make the most of your time in Fort William. They also LOVE the outdoors and can give you their ‘Top Tips’ to help you plan your adventure.
Here at Fort William Backpackers we offer fantastic facilities, including:
- Panoramic views
- Friendly, knowledgeable, award-winning staff
- Cosy & sociable atmosphere
- Comfortable beds including all linen, duvet & 2 pillows!
- Great showers
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen.
- Spacious dining room with loads of local info.
- Continental style Breakfast – £2.00 for a wee bit of everything (fruit juice, cereal, toast, and freshly baked Scottish scones!)
- FREE tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Free WiFi in communal areas and a private ‘Skype Den’.
- Internet cafe-style computers – £1 for 30 mins.
- Laundry Service £3.50 – we will wash, dry & fold your laundry
- Towel hire – £1.00
- Free use of Hair dryer & Straighteners
- Free Parking
- Bike Shed & Bike Wash Facilities
- Drying Room for soggy gear
- BBQ & Outdoor Fire Pit
Please make sure that you bring photographic ID – you will need it to be able to check in to our hostel.
If any guest within your booking is under the age of 18, please contact us before making the reservation online.
The hostel reception is open from 7am-12pm and then from 5pm-10.30pm. If you arrive in the afternoon feel free to leave your bags, help yourselves to a cup of tea and then check-in between 5pm-10.30pm.
Unfortunately, due to past experiences, we are unable to accept Stag or Hen Parties 🙁