Skye Backpackers sits in the picturesque fishing village of Kyleakin, skirted by mountains and sea. It’s a small cosy and friendly hostel with loads of character and great staff who are committed to ensuring that you make the most of your time on the legendary Isle of Skye.
Our accommodation is comprised of one double room (with seaside views), one family room (with seaside views), two budget twin rooms & five dorm rooms that vary in size between four to eight beds per room. We also have two caravans in our garden which accommodates up to 18 people. All of our beds come complete with full bed linen and 2 pillows so there is no need to bring your sleeping bag.We have a great fully equipped self catering kitchen, a sunny dining area and the famous Groove Lounge with a real coal fire, loads of books and games and spectacular seaside views.
There’s plenty to see and do around the Isle of Skye so come and ask us for ideas – we’re a friendly bunch! We will give you all of our ‘Top Tips’ on our fantastic island and will even give you a FREE MAP.
Things to Know
- Spectacular views
- Cosy sociable and friendly atmosphere
- Great living room with seaside views and a real coal fire
- Comfortable beds including bed linen, duvet & 2 pillows!
- FREE tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Self-catering kitchen with sociable dining area and loads of local info
- Continental style breakfast £3.00 for a wee bit of everything (fruit juice, cereal, toast & freshly baked Scottish scones)
- Internet cafe style computer – £1 for 30 mins
- Free WiFi available in communal areas
- Laundry Service £5.00 – we wash, dry & fold your laundry for you
- Towel hire – £1.50
- Free use of hair dryer & straighteners (deposit required)
- Day tours of the Isle of Skye (subject to availability)
- Bike wash facilities
- Outdoor washrooms
Please bring photographic ID with you – you will need it to check into our hostel.
If any guest within your booking is under the age of 18 please contact us before making the reservation online.
The hostel reception is open from 7am-12 noon and then from 5pm-10pm. If you arrive in the afternoon feel free to leave your bags and use the facilities, grab a cup of tea and then check-in between 5pm-10pm.
Unfortunately, due to past experiences, we are unable to accommodate Stag or Hen Parties.
+44 (0) 159 953 4510
Facebook: Skye Backpackers
Isle of Skye