Royal Mile Backpackers is a centrally located Edinburgh hostel with a HUGE personality. It’s the perfect base for exploring Edinburgh!
Royal Mile Backpackers is a centrally located hostel with a HUGE personality. It’s the perfect base for exploring Edinburgh!
We’re a small and cosy hostel situated smack bang in the city-centre overlooking Scotland’s most famous street – The Royal Mile. Located halfway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace, you can’t get much closer to the city centre attractions; bars, cafés, restaurants and nightclubs.
With our open plan kitchen and dinning area, making new friends is easy and there is plenty of space to chill and chat with staff and guests in our cosy lounge area with it’s own open fire. Our dorms are light and bright and our bathrooms are clean and spacious with hot showers.
The hostel also offers free Wi-Fi and free tea, coffee & hot chocolate. Our friendly receptionists will offer you some great advice on what to see and do and where to eat and drink during your stay in Edinburgh.
Things to know if you're staying with us during COVID
- Fresh bed linen
- Clean and hot showers
- Accepting of cash, debit, and credit cards
- Receptionist available to help you during opening hours (6.30am-3am)
- Free MacBackpackers tour booking service and advice
- Minutes walk to the tram stop for the airport and Edinburgh’s bus and train stations
- Kitchenette/dining area open 24 hours
- Continental breakfast selection served 7.00am -10.30am for £2
- Laundry service – we do it for you for just £4
- Towel Hire – £0.50
- 24hr access available through our sister Hostel High Street Hostel
- Reception open from 07:00-11:00 and 17:00-23:00
- Breakfast will not be served
- Private rooms for each group
- Private showers and toilets for each group
- Limited use of in-house kitchen. Sign up ahead of time.
- No hiring of towels
- No laundry services
- Extra cleaning shifts daily
- Secure lockers in rooms (£10 key deposit)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel
- Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Electrical adaptors available for £5 deposit
- Free book exchange
- Free daily walking tours
- Free use of hair dryers
- Local food & drink discounts
- 24 hour access
- Bicycle storage available across the road at High Street Hostel
- Free pub crawl every Thursday night
- Reception open from 6:30am – 3am (24hrs for Hogmanay and Fringe)
- Check in from 17:00
- Masks are mandatory in common areas
- No use of main lounge
- No hot drinks
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing stations throughout hostel
- No walk in reservations. Please book online.
- No events
- Touch points in hostel cleaned 4x per day
You should stay here!
I stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent location, right in the heart of the city. 5 minute walk from the… Read more “You should stay here!”
I loved my stay at the royal mile, the people there were kindly and everything was very clean, and plus,… Read more “Great place”
Strictly no stag or hen parties.
You will need photographic ID to sign.
Please note if you are booking for more than 5 people you need to contact us directly before making the booking.
Our cancellation policy is 48 hours prior to 10:30am on the day of arrival. No-shows will be charged the equivalent of two nights stay.
Key deposit required on check-in (£10, Drivers license, or Passport)
All payment types accepted at check-in.
All payment types except American Express available for online bookings.