The Original Oban Backpackers is perfectly located to enable you to make the most of your time in Oban. Our friendly hostel has everything you will need after a great day out exploring.
Whether you’re passing through Oban on the way to the Islands, or staying for a couple of days and exploring historic and beautiful Argyll, the original Oban Backpackers is the best backpacker accommodation in town!
The Original Oban Backpackers is perfectly located to enable you to make the most of your time in Oban. Just a ten minute stroll from the bus, train and ferry terminals, our friendly hostel has everything you will need after a great day out exploring.
Our spacious, bright dorm rooms have all been recently refurbished and offer wide comfy beds that come complete with fitted sheets, duvets and 2 comfy pillows. Our powerful hot showers are available 24 hours and are guaranteed to leaving you feeling refreshed and ready for your next adventure.
We have a fully equipped self-catering kitchen that has everything you will need to cook your favourite meal and plenty of storage space and fridges available for you to use.
Things to Know
- Free hostel booking service for all of Scotland’s Top Hostels
- Information on buses, trains and ferries
- Self-catering kitchen open 7am to midnight
- Free tea, coffee, and hot chocolate, 24 Hours
- Fabulous real coal fireplace in the heart of our funky living room
- Optional breakfast served from 07.00 – 10.30 (£3.00 for a wee bit of everything – fruit juice, cereal, toast & a freshly baked Scottish scone)
- Free WiFi in communal areas
- Internet cafe-style computer available for guests to use (£1.00 for 30 mins)
- Free safe for valuables
- Bicycle storage
- Free luggage storage
- Laundry service £5.00 (we wash, dry & fold your clothes for you)
- Towel hire – £1.50
- Free Car parking just a five minute walk from the hostel
- Free use of hair-dryer & straighteners
The Oban Backpackers Hostel, is the very best
The Oban Backpackers Hostel, is the very best I’ve been to now. Service is kind and funny. Rooms are cleaned… Read more “The Oban Backpackers Hostel, is the very best”
Very friendly service
Very friendly service. Really helpfull people and i enjoyed spending time there. Also a very good location and not expensive.
You must have suitable photographic identification to stay at our hostel.
If any guest within your booking is under the age of 18 you MUST contact us on (01463) 236 556 before making the reservation online.
If you arrive before 2:30pm you can store your bags in the hostel as check in is from 2:30pm.
Unfortunately, due to past experiences, we do not accept stag or hens parties.
Key deposit required on check-in (£10, driver’s license, or passport).
All payment types accepted at check-in.
All payment types except American Express available for online bookings.