Deep in the Highlands, surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery lies Fort William, The Outdoor Capital of the UK and a Mecca for those with a spirit of adventure.
Deep in the Highlands, surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery lies Fort William, The Outdoor Capital of the UK and a mecca for those with a spirit of adventure.
Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest mountain, sits just around the corner and below it lies Glen Nevis -perhaps the prettiest Glen in Scotland with it’s wonderful waterfalls & ancient pine forest.
Nestled on a hillside above the town, our characterful and comfy hostel provides everything you’ll need after an adventure in the hills. Our dorms are small with a maximum of eight beds. Each bed is made up with sheets, a duvet, and two fluffy pillows. We have a self-catering kitchen with everything you will need and a spacious dining room overlooking our patio and the mountains beyond. In the evening put your feet up in our elegant lounge in front of a real fire or stroll down to the choice of local pubs and restaurants just minutes away. When the weather is nice, we’ll likely have a barbecue or camp fire on our patio so come join us!
Things to Know
- Reception open from 7am – 12pm and 5pm – 10:30pm
- Panoramic views
- Friendly, knowledgeable, award-winning staff
- Cosy & sociable atmosphere
- Comfortable beds including all linen, duvet & two pillows!
- Great showers
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen.
- Spacious dining room with loads of local info
- Continental style Breakfast – £3.00 for a wee bit of everything (fruit juice, cereal, and toast)
- Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Free WiFi in communal areas and a private ‘Skype Den’
- Internet cafe-style computers – £1 for 30 mins
- Laundry Service £5.00 – we will wash, dry & fold your laundry
- Towel hire – £1.50
- Free use of hair dryer & straighteners
- Free parking
- Bike shed & bike wash facilities
- Drying room for soggy gear
- BBQ & outdoor fire pit
Lovely hostel and super helpful staff
I stayed here with a friend for three nights at the beginning of January for a hiking weekend. I… Read more “Lovely hostel and super helpful staff”
Carol and Andrew
We stayed here with a group of 10 of which 8 of us were in a room together. It… Read more “Carol and Andrew”
Strictly no stag or hen parties.
You will need photographic ID to sign in.
If any guest within your booking is under the age of 18, please contact us before making the reservation online.
The hostel reception is open from 7am-12pm and then from 5pm-10.30pm. If you arrive in the afternoon feel free to leave your bags, help yourselves to a cup of tea and then check-in between 5pm-10.30pm.
Key deposit required on check-in (£10, driver’s license, or passport).
All payment types accepted at check-in.
All payment types except American Express available for online bookings.