- Edinburgh Hogmanay
- Loch Ness
- Fort William
- Hostel Photos
- Our GREEN Policy
- Print our Latest Hostel Info
- Award Winning
3 Day Isle of Skye
- 3 Day Loch Ness & Skye
- 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
6 Day Orkney Stravaig
- 7 Day Best of the West
- Book Early!
5 Day Christmas Caper
- Book Early!
Hogmanay Hootenanny 2016/17
- Freedom Tickets
- Special Offers
- Tour Photos
Welcome to Royal Mile Backpackers
Small, friendly and lively
and overlooking Edinburgh's most famous street!
Telephone: +44 (0)131 557 6120
Royal Mile Backpackers
105 High Street
Dorms - From £10.00
Royal Mile Backpackers is a centrally located hostel with a HUGE personality. It’s the perfect base for exploring Edinburgh!
We’re a small and vibrant hostel situated smack bang in the city-centre overlooking Scotland’s most famous street – The Royal Mile. Located halfway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood palace, you can’t get much closer to the city centre attractions; bars, cafés, restaurants and nightclubs.
With our open plan kitchen and dinning area, making new friends is easy and there is plenty of space to chill and chat with staff and guests in our cosy lounge area with it’s own open fire. Our dorms are all light and bright and our bathrooms are clean and spacious with hot, powerful showers.
The hostel also offers Free Wi-Fi and Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate. Our friendly receptionists can offer you some great advice on what to see and do and where to eat and drink during your stay in Edinburgh. They can arrange for you to make the most of your time while you are in Scotland and book you on a MacBackpackers Tour to the Highlands. We aim to make your stay with us as pleasurable as possible so here is a wee list of what else we have to offer:
- Fresh bed linen
- Clean and hot showers
- We accept cash, debit and credit cards
- Receptionist available to help you during opening hours (6.30am-3am)
- Free MacBackpackers tour booking service and advice
- Minutes walk to the tram stop for the airport and Edinburgh’s bus and train stations
- Kitchenette/dining area open 24 hours
- Continental breakfast selection served 7.00am -10.30am for £2
- Laundry service – we do it for you for just £4
- Towel Hire – £0.50
- Secure lockers in rooms (£10 key deposit)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel
- Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Free hire of electrical adapters
- Free book exchange
- Free daily walking tours
- Free use of hair dryers
- Local food & drink discounts
- 24hour access
- Bicycle storage available across the road at High Street Hostel
- Free pub crawl every Thursday night
Step outside and be at the centre of it all. Guests also enjoy the benefit of access to the lively, bustling High Street Hostel with its wide range of facilities.
For group bookings of 5 people or more please call the hostel directly.
If guests are under the age of 18 you must contact the hostel first for manager’s approval.