- Edinburgh Hogmanay
- Loch Ness
- Fort William
- Hostel Photos
- Our GREEN Policy
- Print our Latest Hostel Info
- Award Winning
3 Day Isle of Skye
- 3 Day Loch Ness & Skye
- Award Winning
5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- 6 Day Orkney Stravaig
- 7 Day Best of the West
- Book Early!
5 Day Christmas Caper
- Book Early!
Hogmanay Hootenanny 2017/18
- Tour Photos
Welcome to Castle Rock Hostel
Situated between historic Edinburgh Castle
and the famous Grassmarket
Telephone: +44 (0) 131 225 9666
Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace
Dorm bed 4 person room (£17)
Dorm bed 10+ person room (£14)
Double room (£45 for the room - £22.50 pp)
Triple room( £51 for the room- £17 pp)
Quad room (£68 for the room - £17 pp)
Castle Rock Hostel is fabulously located right beside Edinburgh Castle! Our palatial hostel offers wonderful character, with a mix of grandeur and a backpacker vibe!
Enjoy being in Edinburgh’s best location & being at the very heart of the city. We are just a stroll from the bus, train and the airport bus and a 1 minute walk from Edinburgh Castle, 1 minute from the Royal Mile & 1 minute from the Grassmarket. We are in a relatively quiet street but the city’s wonderful, late night-life is also just around the corner – ideal!
Built in 1846 and turned into a backpackers hostel in 1997, we have packed this grand old building full of art, character and antiquity. Some people say it is more an art gallery or museum than a hostel. We think you will love it with our bright, sunny and spacious rooms and great facilities like FREE Wi-Fi, a movie room, a delightful patio and a fire place for those cold winter nights as well as plenty of room to kick back and relax or join in the fun with other travellers.
Our receptionists will always give you a friendly welcome and can help with any questions about what to see in Edinburgh or about travel around Scotland. We aim to look after you totally so you can have the best holiday possible. Here’s a list of more that we offer;
- Truly superb location under the castle ramparts
- Open 24 hours every day of the year
- Bed-side lockers in all rooms
- 24 hour Safe for total security.
- Vibrant atmosphere with a choice of lounges
- Pick up point for a Free city walking tour
- Big lounge with Jukebox, pool table, piano, free tea & coffee
- Luggage storage
- Free hair dryers
- ART everywhere!
- Big screen movie lounge with both Scottish and mainstream movies
- Internet lounge with Wi-Fi
- Posh lounge with piano and fire place
- Hot and powerful showers
- Large self-catering kitchen
- Breakfast for only £1.80
- Laundry service £3.50
- Clean bed linen (with properly fitted sheets)
- MacBackpackers tours pick-up point
- Sunny and cheery patio
- No hidden charges
- No Stag or hen parties
- Minutes from the bus and train
- Fabulous views over the city
- Scottish owned – backpacker run
Please note if you are booking for more than 5 people you need to contact us directly before making the booking
Be aware that if you book for a group your reservation will be cancelled and you will lose the 10% deposit.
If guests are under the age of 18 you must contact the hostel first for the manager’s approval.