Royal Mile Backpackers is a centrally located Edinburgh hostel with a HUGE personality. It’s the perfect base for exploring Edinburgh!
Royal Mile Backpackers
105 High St, Edinburgh EH1 1SG
as rated on Hostelworld
Royal Mile Backpackers is a centrally located hostel with a HUGE personality. It’s the perfect base for exploring Edinburgh!
We’re a small and cosy hostel situated smack bang in the city-centre overlooking Scotland’s most famous street – The Royal Mile. Located halfway between Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace, you can’t get much closer to the city centre attractions; bars, cafés, restaurants and nightclubs.
With our open plan kitchen and dinning area, making new friends is easy and there is plenty of space to chill and chat with staff and guests in our cosy lounge area with it’s own open fire. Our dorms are light and bright and our bathrooms are clean and spacious with hot showers.
The hostel also offers free Wi-Fi and free tea, coffee & hot chocolate. Our friendly receptionists will offer you some great advice on what to see and do and where to eat and drink during your stay in Edinburgh.
Things to Know
- Fresh bed linen
- Clean and hot showers
- Accepting of cash, debit, and credit cards
- Receptionist available to help you during opening hours (6.30am-3am)
- Free MacBackpackers tour booking service and advice
- Minutes walk to the tram stop for the airport and Edinburgh’s bus and train stations
- Kitchenette/dining area open 24 hours
- Continental breakfast selection served 7.00am -10.30am for £2
- Laundry service – we do it for you for just £4
- Towel Hire – £0.50
- 24hr access available through our sister Hostel High Street Hostel
- Secure lockers in rooms (£10 key deposit)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel
- Free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Electrical adaptors available for £5 deposit
- Free book exchange
- Free daily walking tours
- Free use of hair dryers
- Local food & drink discounts
- 24 hour access
- Bicycle storage available across the road at High Street Hostel
- Free pub crawl every Thursday night
- Reception open from 6:30am – 3am (24hrs for Hogmanay and Fringe)
You should stay here!
I stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent location, right in the heart of the city. 5 minute walk from the… Read more “You should stay here!”
I loved my stay at the royal mile, the people there were kindly and everything was very clean, and plus,… Read more “Great place”