- Edinburgh Hogmanay
- Fort William
- Hostel Photos
- Our GREEN Policy
- Print our Latest Hostel Info
- NEW! 3 Day Oban, Mull & Iona
- NEW! 4 Day Skye & Loch Ness Adventure
- NEW! 6 Day Skye & Orkney Explorer
- NEW! 7 Day Best of the West
- 2 Day Loch Ness Weekender
- 3 Day Isle of Skye
- 3 Day Loch Ness & Skye
- 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- 5 Day Christmas Caper
- Edinburgh Hogmanay Tour Packages
- Special Offers
- Tour Photos
Welcome to Pitlochry Backpackers Hotel
Situated on the town's main street and just a stroll from some of Scotland's most beautiful places
Telephone: +44 (0)1796 47 00 44
Pitlochry Backpackers Hotel
134 Atholl Road
2016 Summer Season
Pitlochry Backpackers Hotel is open from March the 20th until the 15th of November this year.
During the Winter period (Nov – Mar), our hostel is available for group bookings who have sole occupancy of the hostel and it’s great spacious living areas. We have hosted all sorts of groups over the years from Outdoor Activity Clubs, Universities & Colleges, Birthday Parties, Ceilidh’s, Hogmannay Parties and even Weddings! Our hostel provides an affordable, sociable space where large groups can get together comfortably without breaking the bank.
Group bookings of 20+ will be considered – please contact the hostel directly to enquire about availability
Need to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city? Pitlochry is the place to stay. Only two hours North of Edinburgh, Pitlochry is situated in beautiful Highland Perthshire. It is ideally located to explore the surrounding area with its variety of stunning landscapes and range of activities.
Pitlochry Backpackers is an old Victorian hotel, bursting with character. We offer a range of rooms – dormitory (4-8 beds), twins and double rooms. It’s such a relaxing place to stay and unwind, with its big cosy lounge that boasts a free pool table, comfy sofas, free tea, coffee & hot chocolate, free WiFi, games, book swap and loads of info on the local area. Our comfy beds come complete with bedding so there is no need to worry about carrying a sleeping bag and our self catering kitchen has everything you will need to prepare your favourite dinner. It’s a great place to meet like minded people and although you might think you’re only staying one night, you’ll end up staying three or four – it’s that kind of place!
Best of all it’s literally a stroll away from the beautiful highland country-side – in just 5 minutes you can be at a tranquil loch-side with views through the trees to the hills above this gorgeous highland town. There are many wonderful walks to take; to waterfalls, along rivers, through ancient forests, or up Ben Vrackie (2760 feet, the hill above the town) – these walks all start from the hostel door! The area is also dotted with distilleries, castles and ancient standing stones all within easy reach.
Perthshire is also a big centre for adventure activities, including white-water rafting, canoeing, bungee jumping, mountain biking, canoeing etc if you’re up for it – or simply get your boots and get exploring – there are some fantastic trails. The Pitlochry staff are a friendly bunch who know the surrounding area like the backs of their hands and are willing to help so don’t be shy! Come and have a chat at reception and we can make sure you make the most of your time in Pitlochry.
Here at the Pitlochry Backpackers Hotel we offer fantastic facilities, including:
- Cosy, friendly and sociable atmosphere
- FREE off street parking
- FREE tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen
- Continental-style breakfast – £2.00 for a wee bit of everything! (fruit juice, cereal, toast & freshly baked Scottish scone)
- Comfortable beds already made up with linen, duvets & 2 pillows!
- All private rooms have en-suite bathrooms
- Spacious bathrooms with plenty of great showers
- Movie Lounge with a vast array of films to choose from
- Great lounge & dining area with FREE pool table
- FREE WiFi in communal areas
- FREE City Map
- Bike Storage
- Drying Room
- Loads of info on walks, trails, activities, adventures and tours
- Activity booking service @ reception
- Hairdryer & Straighteners for hire
- Laundry Service– £3.50 we wash, dry and fold your laundry for you.
Please bring photographic ID with you – you will need it to check into our hostel
If any guest within your booking is under the age of 18 please contact us before making the reservation online.
Unfortunately, due to past experiences, we are unable to accommodate Stag or Hen Parties
(Dorm beds are priced per person per night & private rooms are priced per room per night)
|March – April
|July – August
||September, October & November
*Please Note: The above prices exclude all public holidays*