- Fort William
- Edinburgh Hogmanay
- Hostel Photos
- Our GREEN Policy
- Print our Latest Hostel Info
- NEW! Loch Ness Day Tours
- Australia Day
- 2 Day Loch Ness Weekender
- 3 Day Isle of Skye
- 3 Day Loch Ness & Skye
- 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- 5 Day Skye & Highland Charge!
- 7 Day Scotland & Ireland
- 5 Day Christmas Caper
- Edinburgh Hogmanay Tour Packages
- Special Guest Tours
- Easter Holiday 2011
- Special Offers
- Tour Photos
Welcome to Oban Backpackers
Chill out on your travels at one of Scotland's most laid back hostels in downtown Oban!
Telephone: +44 (0)1631 562 107
Dorms from £14.90 - price now INCLUDES buffet continental breakfast.
Whether you’re passing through Oban on the way to the Hebrides, or staying for a couple of days and exploring historic and beautiful Argyll on one of our day tours, Oban Backpackers is no ordinary hostel.
We’ve probably got the widest, most comfortable, spacious bunk beds in any hostel across Scotland! Each bunk has a fitted sheet, lovely duvets and two pillows. The hostel showers are awesome with lots of hot water and the hostel has full central heating so you’re warm and cosy whatever the weather outside.
In the evenings, if you want to enjoy Oban’s night-life our friendly staff can point you in the right direction or just stay in and enjoy the unforgettable sunset views across to the islands. Relax in our large lounge with its real fire and pool table, make new friends or just chill out and cook a meal.
Oban is a picturesque town possessing spectacular views across to the Hebridean islands that are simply stunning. In particular, the view at dusk from McCaig’s Tower provides a sunset you are unlikely to forget. Like any small port, there is a lot going on in Oban; the bustle of fishing boats, ferries, yachts and sea birds make the waterfront a lovely place to be.
The port is also a transport hub for boat trips to the many beautiful Scottish Isles should you wish to explore the more remote areas of Scotland. Ancient standing stones are to be found all over the Oban area, as well as more recent structures such as medieval castles and whisky distilleries.
Our staff are friendly and many of them, like you, are backpackers themselves taking a break from their travels. So don’t hesitate to ask them for advice or information on what to do in and around Oban.
- Information on local events and things to do
- Only a 10 minute walk to the bus, ferry and train
- Information on buses, trains and ferries
- Book a fun day tour with Oban Backpacker Tours
- Self-catering kitchen open 7am to midnight
- FREE Tea, coffee and hot chocolate, 24 Hours.
- FREE Breakfast; hot drinks, juices, cereal, scones, bread/toast from 7.30am – 10.30am
- Free hostel booking service; Fort William, Skye, Inverness, Pitlochry & Edinburgh
- We accept cash and credit cards
- Computer with internet access & FREE Wi-Fi
- Safe for valuables
- Bicycle Storage
- Day & Long-term luggage storage
- Laundry service for only £2.50
- Free Car parking near the hostel