Pitlochry Backpackers is an old Victorian hotel, bursting with character. It is ideally located to explore the surrounding area with its variety of stunning landscapes and range of activities.
Pitlochry Backpackers Hotel
134 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5AB, Scotland
as rated on Hostelworld
Need to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city? Pitlochry is the place to stay. Only two hours North of Edinburgh, Pitlochry is situated in beautiful Highland Perthshire. It is ideally located to explore the surrounding area with its variety of stunning landscapes and range of activities.
Pitlochry Backpackers is an old Victorian hotel, bursting with character. We offer a range of rooms – dormitory (four to eight beds), twins and double rooms. It’s a relaxing place to stay and unwind, with its big cosy lounge boasting a free pool table, comfy sofas, free tea, coffee & hot chocolate, free WiFi, games, book swap and loads of info on the local area.
Our comfy beds come complete with bedding so there is no need to worry about carrying a sleeping bag. Our self catering kitchen has everything you will need to prepare your favourite dinner. It’s a great place to meet like-minded people and although you might think you’re only staying one night, you’ll end up staying three or four – it’s that kind of place!
Things to Know
- Cosy, friendly and sociable atmosphere
- FREE off street parking
- FREE tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen
- Continental-style breakfast – £3.00 for a wee bit of everything! (fruit juice, cereal, toast & freshly baked Scottish scone)
- Comfortable beds already made up with linen, duvets & two pillows!
- En-suite bathrooms in all private room
- Spacious bathrooms with plenty of great showers
- Movie Lounge with a vast array of films to choose from
- Great lounge & dining area with FREE pool table
- FREE WiFi in communal areas
- FREE city map
- Bike storage
- Drying room
- Loads of info on walks, trails, activities, adventures and tours
- Activity booking service at reception
- Hairdryer & straighteners for hire
- Laundry Service– £5.00 we wash, dry and fold your laundry for you.
- Building locked at 12:30am Sun-Thur and 2:30am Fri-Sat
Great value, perhaps most enthousiastic welcome I’ve had in a hostel this year, scones for breakfast, private parking, excellent hostel.
We came across this amazing hostel
We came across this amazing hostel while driving through Pitlochry. Tony’s welcome was so warm that we booked a family room for the night. Nothing but positive things to say about this place! Thanks again, Tony!
Please bring photographic ID with you – you will need it to check into our hostel.
If any guest within your booking is under the age of 18 please contact us before making the reservation online.
Unfortunately, due to past experiences, we are unable to accommodate stag or hen Parties.
Key deposit required on check-in (£10, driver's license, or Passport).
All payment types accepted at check-in.
All payment types except American Express available for online bookings.