Castle Rock Hostel is fabulously located right beside Edinburgh Castle! Our palatial Edinburgh hostel offers wonderful character, with a mix of grandeur and a backpacker vibe!
Castle Rock Hostel
15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW, Scotland
as rated on Hostelworld
Castle Rock Hostel is fabulously located right beside Edinburgh Castle! Our palatial hostel offers wonderful character, with a mix of grandeur and a backpacker vibe!
Enjoy being in Edinburgh’s best location & being at the very heart of the city. Castle Rock Hostel is just a stroll from the bus, train and the airport bus AS WELL AS a ONE minute walk from Edinburgh Castle, Royal Mile AND the Grassmarket. We are in a relatively quiet street but the city’s wonderful, late night-life is also just around the corner – ideal!
Built in 1846 and turned into a backpackers hostel in 1997, this grand building is full of art, character and antiquity. Some people say it is more an art gallery or museum than a hostel. We think you will love it with our bright, sunny and spacious rooms and great facilities like FREE Wi-Fi, a movie room, a delightful patio and a fire place for those cold winter nights as well as plenty of room to kick back and relax or join in the fun with other travellers.
Things to Know
- Superb location under the castle ramparts
- Open 24 hours every day of the year
- Bed-side lockers in all rooms
- 24 hour Safe for total security.
- Vibrant atmosphere with a choice of lounges
- Pick up point for a free city walking tour
- Big lounge with pool table, piano, free tea, coffee & hot chocolate
- Luggage storage
- Free hair dryers
- ART everywhere!
- Big screen movie lounge with both Scottish and mainstream movies
- Internet lounge with Wi-Fi
- Posh lounge with piano and fire place
- Hot and powerful showers
- Large self-catering kitchen
- Breakfast for only £1.50
- Laundry service £4
- Clean bed linen (with properly fitted sheets)
- MacBackpackers tours pick-up point
- Sunny and cheery patio
- No hidden charges
- No stag or hen parties
- Minutes from the bus and train
- Fabulous views over the city
- Scottish owned - backpacker run
Castle Rock Hostel is one
Castle Rock Hostel is one of the greatest hostels I’ve ever stayed at. Built with a warm and historic aesthetic,… Read more “Castle Rock Hostel is one”
An awesome hostel.
An awesome hostel. It offers an activity every day and the staff is really friendly. You can relax in the… Read more “An awesome hostel.”
Please note if you are booking for more than 5 people you need to contact us directly before making the booking.
Be aware that if you book for a group your reservation will be cancelled and you will lose the 10% deposit.
If guests are under the age of 18 you must contact the hostel first for the manager’s approval.
We also have two other hostels in the Old Town of Edinburgh; the small & vibrant Royal Mile Backpackers and the historic High Street Hostel, Edinburgh’s original independent hostel!